Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jars of Clay

2 Corinthians 4:7-8 (NIV)
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

I love this passage. In times of trial it is an amazing reminder of all the things I am, and am not. I may be hard pressed on every side, but I am not crushed. I may be confused about what is happening, but I am not in despair, because I am trusting that the Lord is good in all things. I may be persecuted and ridiculed for what I believe, but I am not abandoned. God has promised He will not abandon me, and I have hope in that, because "He who has promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23) I may be struck down, and attacked by Satan, but I am not destroyed. And that is something to rejoice about! God is so faithful and good, and has not left our side.

Just a little something to meditate on today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment