Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vintage Christmas

Each Christmas, my mom alternates between "vintage Christmas" and "conventional Christmas" decorations for our house. Some years, the tree is adorned with the gingerbread and peppermint ornamanets my sisters and I made in preschool, and the baubles that chronicle our family's journey through the years. Other years, my mom decorates with unique, vintage ornaments and trinkets that gives our home a fun, aged feel. This year, we're going vintage!

Here are some pictures of our decorations: (Please excuse the iPhone pictures, that's what I'm left with since my camera was stolen this summer.)



Our Christmas tree, with vintage ornaments.


There are six of these trees that frame our mantel.



Garland winds up our staircase, with vintage Christmas postcards attached in it. I've decided the "Cheerio!" postcard is my favorite!



The first picture is of the setup in our entryway, and the second is of our chest of drawers in the dining room. (Notice the inscription? My grandpa, a furniture manufacturer, had that engraved before he gave it to us many years ago.)



Garland and vintage tins wrapped together on top of the cabinets in the kitchen.




On the ledge in front of the sink, my mom has set up a little village of houses, which are covered in glitter (and charm). My terrible iPhone pictures do not adequately show you how completely charming these little structures are. I wish we could keep them up all year long!


This is hands down my favorite touch of Christmas in our entire house. My mom tied tiny, little vintage bells to the chandelier in our dining room. I think they are so quaint!

I think this post wins for most pictures. (Sorry?)

No comments:

Post a Comment