Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chevron+Initial

Big/Little was Sunday night, and it was a blast! I will show some pictures later, but I wanted to show off some paintings I made. I am so glad I was able to actually do what I imagined! I painted a chevron pattern on two canvases, then did an initial. It turned out really well! Here's what I did:


First, I painted two canvases white.


The second thing I did was grab a pencil and a ruler and measure off my chevron pattern. Then, I taped off the lines, and started painting.




After I finished those two paintings, I had to wait and see who my littles were! Once I found out, I went out and purchased a wooden letter for each girl. I traced those onto the canvas, and taped straight lines where I could. At some spots, I had to freehand it, which was a little nervewracking, but it turned it nicely I think:



I absolutely LOVED doing this project. It was so much fun, and it felt like such an accomplishment to make something I was proud of! (I seriously considered keeping these. Because I love my littles, I gave them up... Next assignment is making one for myself, no joke.)

No comments:

Post a Comment