Monday, October 10, 2011

50th

So over Labor Day weekend, my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. (I know this was months ago, and I'm just now posting, but you know, it's all good.) Anyway, there was a huge celebration, and we had a lovely clubhouse in which to decorate and go to town in. So, I decided to copy an idea I saw on Pinterest that I thought was perfect for the party.

The inspiration:


My version:


It ended up being really easy! I edited all the pictures, and turned them black and white, lightened, sharpened, etc. (Made them massive display ready.) Then I went to Kinkos, had three of each picture printed, then cut the white space around the picture off. (No border.) Then, on the wall, with painters tape I outlined a "5" and a "0." After that, I started putting pictures on the wall! Some areas were difficult because it was a corner, or too wide for the line, something like that. But overall, I think it went really well, and everyone liked looking at the wall! It was a ton of fun to do, and I thoroughly enjoyed piecing it together in celebration of my grandparents.


Dawn and Jerry
November 1961

No comments:

Post a Comment