Saturday, February 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."
--Jane Howard

After getting 4 days (4!) off of classes, I decided to go home Friday, beat the lonely blues, and hang out with my family. And I'm so glad I did! The comforts of home cannot be beat by a measly dorm room. I get spoiled rotten when I go home! (My list includes a fireplace and homemade brownies, among other things.)

Anyway, it was incredibly refreshing to go home. Friday afternoon, when the flakes were HUGE, I went on a "snow walk" with my parents around the lake/pond in our neighborhood--it was gorgeous! I also reverted back to childhood and made a snow angel, something I haven't done in probably...oh...five years. The lake/pond is almost completely frozen over except for two sections, so the geese are all cluttered together in two areas. This is what I went outside to this afternoon:


And then, a flock started flying toward me, and I got this cool shot:



My sisters made a snow(wo)man, named Stella:


Here's a pic of me and my sissies in the snow:



I. Love. Being. Home. Perhaps I should go back more often?


No comments:

Post a Comment